It is our policy to manage our obligations to the environment in a responsible manner and to take a sustainable approach to developing our company’s business. Secto regards environmental protection as an integral and essential part of good business practice.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a high standard of environmental quality in all of our operations. As part of this policy we aim to:
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation and best management practices
- Having regard to Secto’s commitment to the concept of social responsibility, work shall continue in developing and building partnerships with the relevant local authorities, regulators, our clients and local resident groups where applicable
- Take account of environmental issues in the implementation of projects in consultation with our clients, design teams and customers
- Follow best environmental practice in regard to our own activities, ensuring that pollution prevention is a major consideration in all operational activities
- In regard to protecting company assets, work shall continue with both staff and our customers in improving awareness of the potential environmental consequences of our activities
- Seek to minimise significant environmental impacts of our activities through the progressive development of environmental management procedures as determined by our business needs
- Establishing objectives and measurable targets against which improvements in environmental performance will be monitored
- Raise staff awareness of the environmental issues and the environmental effects of our activities through communication and training
- Review our environmental policy annually and consider the need for any amendments in the light of changing circumstances
- Make the environmental policy statement available to our employees, clients, business colleagues, customers and the public through our website
- Build on the environmental management we have achieved through a process of continuous improvement.